Monday, August 11, 2008

James Hetfield's Epiphone V Lives on!

A while ago (around 1986) James stopped using his Epiphone flying V. I always assumed it's cuz he got his first Gibson Explorer and preferred it. I always had an affection for it, after all Kill Em All and Ride the Lightning were recorded with it! Later on he went on to comment that it was broken and that the neck had broken a few times on the road. But then I saw him at Rock Am Ring with this!


Looks quite like it, OK Picture quality sucks, but it really looks like it, i was thinking, maybe he got another one like it, but then yesterday this appeared on Mission Metallica.


You can clearly see all the scratches and nicks are there. It's the same guitar and it lives, and Death Magnetic is being recorded with it! Maybe I'm getting too excited by this but this guitar is legendary and it made me go and buy 2 Epiphones myself all be it they are black like Kirk's Gibson.

James I'm proud of you today!

No comments: