Friday, July 18, 2008

Judas Priest - Nostradamus

I've just been hearing the 23 tracks of Judas Priest's Nostradamus, pen in hand and paper ready to take notes, i note down "what an incredible buildup" Then I hear Prophecy and think to myself cool riff, Judas Priest rule! then the chorus hits and I'm like hang on are they gonna keep on saying Nostradamus throughout!? I remember around a month ago Notradamus (the song) became available as a single on Reverb Nation cool song but didn't they say Nostradamus a few too many times there too!

Then I hear Revelations, and it starts to take a quite awkward turn for the worse from then on track by track i just don't know what to think. Cool riffs here and there but on the whole I'm thinking, what are these guys on? Has something gone wrong with their heads, there's about 7 or so intro tracks to weird songs. I get the feeling this would be better as a soundtrack.

The orchestration is quite outstanding and most of the songs don't contain easy riffs or arrangments at all. But we all knew Judas could play, well at least us who've tried to play covers live.

This respect for them is why I am going to give this album a few more listens and if it deserves it i will give it another review. But as it stands i'd rather just listen to Angel of Retribution again

Weirdness factor 10/10
overall 6/10

No comments: