Monday, July 21, 2008

Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted

It's Great to see (or rather hear) the Cavalera brothers back together.

When I first put on the CD i thought wow! and I haven't really thought that since I first put on Testament's The gathering. A pleasant surprise indeed. This album really seems to feel like the natural successor to Sepultura's Chaos AD. Combining all the tribal elements of Sepultura's post Chaos AD work but all the thrashiness of their Pre-Chaos AD work. Hearing Roots after Inflikted would be majorly disappointing.

Must Kill reminds me of The Hunt, a slower more melodic Sepultura song. But tipping the other end of the scale is the bonus Track The Exorcist which sounds like something of Morbid Visions, yes! Morbid Visions!

If like me you love the Thrashy almost Death Metal early Sepultura stuff you won't be disappointing by Cavalera Conspiracy - Inflikted in the slightest. Though it may be a tad to extreme for the casual Metal fan.
9/10

No comments: